MILAN - KUNDERA : 1-0

Rum, Sodomy & The Lash

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Blues For The Red Sun

bluesfortheredsun

"Cigarettes will kill you"
And so will boredom.
Well let’s say that the moon is a big lemon.
And the sky is just, well, vodka.
A big sparkling lemon in an infinite vodka sky.
(Those of you who prefer the sky to be a gin sky, that’s alright, it’s just the same to me).
Can somebody get me a slice of that lemon?
I think not.
And Harry Dean Stanton walking with a limb like a crippled Jesus through the desert, and he really doesn’t know who he is, because he is like a dying fuckin cactus. To be sincere, i 'm not quite sure if its possible for a cactus to die cause these sonsofbitches are well known to make their way through the ass-kickin skin-burnin mexican sun but trust me that’s not the point right now.
Book me in La Tropicana. I want a grand piano in the kitchen too. It’s Hollywood, innit?
Walk all the way up to La Cienega? You must be crazy man. It’s three hooker stories and six cigarettes away.
Six cigarettes away from everything and everyone.
And I don’t have a problem with people who don’t smoke. I’ve got a big fuckin problem with people who keep telling me not to smoke. Because it can be very harmful to me, harmful to them, cause that’s what killed the kennedies, and the whole fuckin planet works in LOOSE-SCREW mode, but hey, you know...the cigarettes will kill you. Million skeleton kids die every year somewhere in Africa but, hey man, cigarettes will kill you.
Well, I just can’t seem to defend myself.
Smoking…
So good, I tell you.
And I don’t wanna be in any generation really.
Specially mine.
Middle class post-modern hippies, hooked on ancient medication and all these shit.
And I don’t mind if cigarettes will kill me someday.
I don’t mind about that when its two below zero and six in the morning, and you have to forget about the construction works inside your head after you’ve just drunk the river Nile dry.
So there you go, I beg your pardon ladies and gentlemen, all I need is to lay my weary bones tonight in a bed of California stars. Whatever California Stars.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home